This is my quick introduction how my servers are setup at the moment.
I will post more about what I'm currently doing with them
Hetzner datacenter in Finland is used except one backup server that is in German datacenter
Total of 8 servers and they have sort of dedicated functions. OS is Ubuntu 18.04 in all
All servers have 2 NICs (pub/priv)
Only one have SSH access from Internet, other's only via the "jump server"
Ansible used for updates and now some more functionalities, I will post more about this.
- Only server that has ssh access from internet
- extra 20GB data disk
- rsyslog receiver for centralized logging from other servers
- fail2ban to block ssh connections
- monitoring solution
- alerts about updates and resource usage
- 2 zap instances and some accounts cloned
- 2 instances just that if instance goes broken, no real redundancy
- Prosody XMPP server
- misc servers, originally it was supposed to host AP servers, but I don't actively use them. This is sort of sandbox for testing things
- modoboa mail hosting software
- currently 13 domains
- zap backup server in German datacenter